Notification on Covid-19 SOP in Airport
This is to inform all the passengers arriving at Paro International Airport (PIA) that in order to curb the spread of the virus, the PIA Covid-19 Taskforce has put in place a no. of Covid-19 SOPs some of which are to be followed by all the incoming passengers as given under:
- The Aircraft will be parked at the designated parking bay. Before disembarking, passengers are requested to use the aircraft water closets for all your needs. Thereafter, passengers will disembark at the apron itself and the Desuups will guide the passengers to a queue for collecting their baggage(s) in a batch of 10 passengers at a time.
- The baggage(s) will be unloaded from the aircraft onto the Apron area and disinfected properly after which the passengers can collect their baggage(s) and will be escorted to a waiting bus at the Apron.
- The offloaded baggage(s), if any, will be informed through a display kept at the Apron itself.
- The passenger’s will then be taken to a Quarantine facility as per the Covid-19 protocol.
- Immigration formalities for non-Bhutanese will be completed after the completion of the quarantine period. Passport stamping for Bhutanese shall also be carried out after completion of the Quarantine period.
- Customs shall carry out passenger frisking and baggage inspection in case of any suspicion.
PIA Covid-19 Taskforce