The Aeronautical Information Service section, which forms part of the Department of Air Transport: Bhutan,ensures the flow of information necessary for the safety, regularity and efficiency of international and national air navigation within the area of its responsibility. It consists of AIS office established at Paro aerodrome.
- AIS Office
- Department of Civil Aviation,
- Air Traffic Control Tower,
- Paro Airport,
- Paro : Bhutan,
- Tel: 975-8-272760
- Fax: 975-8-272307
- Email :- firstname.lastname@example.org
The Aeronautical Information Service is responsible for the collection and dissemination of information for the entire territory of Bhutan and for the airspace over Bhutan.
Collection of Information:
AIS receive aeronautical data and information for publication in the AIP and NOTAM, but not limited to the following organizations that provide services in support of the air navigation system:
- Aerodrome operators;
- Telecommunication service organizations;
- Air Traffic Service organizations;
- Air navigation service organizations;
- Meteorological organizations;
- Customs, Immigrations, Agriculture and Health;
- Defense organizations;
- Other government departments and ministries; and Information for inclusion in the AIP or NOTAM is sent directly to the AIS.
The Aeronautical Information is provided in the form of the Integrated Aeronautical Information Package consisting of the following elements:
- Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP)
- Amendment service to the AIP(AIP AIRAC AMDT)
- NOTAM and Pre-flight Information Bulletins (PIB)
- Checklist and summaries.
The Bhutan AIP is available both on Hard and Soft Copy (CD) on sale or on exchange bases from the AIS section. Interested subscriber can fill in the subscription form and submit to AIS. Click Here to download subscription form.